The San Mateo Consolidated Fire Department Explorer Post 904 is made up of dedicated men and women who are interested in pursuing a career in the fire service.
Explorers meet bi-monthly and take part in classroom and hands-on fire-suppression training. Explorers also take part in community relation and fire prevention activities. Explorers are allowed to participate in the Department’s ride-a-long program which allows the Explorer to experience what it is like to work a 24 hour shift in one of the City’s firehouses.
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 20 years of age
- Must be able to pass a background investigation
- Must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average in all classes and be in good standings with their school
- Must be able to read, write & comprehend directions and training materials in English
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must have a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Must attend regularly scheduled meetings
How to Apply
New Explorer recruits are typically brought into the program once a year during the month of January.
If you are interested in joining our program or have any questions about the program, please email [email protected] with the following information:
- Your First and Last Name
- Your Age
- Name of Your School
- Your Phone number