All residents served by San Mateo Consolidated Fire Department (SMCFD) should prepare for all types of emergencies or hazards; including: earthquakes, winter storms, pandemics/flus, etc.
Browse our Emergency Preparedness section to learn how you can prepare your home and family for any emergency.
Links to Other Helpful Emergency Preparedness Information:
- American College of Emergency Physicians – Patient-specific emergency information form for children with special healthcare needs.
- American Red Cross – Learn more about your local American Red Cross
- BAAQMD.gov – Learn more on wildfire safety and air quality with resources from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District
- DisabilityDisasterAccess.org – Assisting Individuals with Disabilities and Older Adults in Disaster Readiness and Recovery
- CDC.gov – Checklist of items to include in an emergency kit for families with children and youth with special healthcare needs
- RAND.org – Comprehensive guide to implementing evidence-based public health interventions in emergency preparedness.
- Ready.gov – Learn how to Prepare, Plan, and Stay Informed from the US Dept. of Homeland Security
- SF72.org – You’ll find information about what to do in an emergency, simple steps to get connected, and useful guides to help you get prepared
- SMC ALERT – Register your information to receive important alerts from San Mateo County’s Community Alert System
- SMCReady – Disaster Preparedness Information for San Mateo County